Tuesday, November 18, 2008

big girl pics

If I've learned anything in the past 2.5 years of being a parent, it's that there's a milestone around every corner. They just keep coming...and while many are bittersweet, they're all exciting. Here are two of Miss M's newest achievements...the first is....






The move to her big girl bed! This furniture is part of a bunk bed set, where the beds can be used also as two twins or a trundle set-up. Right now I want to use a single bed, as I'm sure bunk beds would only instigate trouble (climbing, jumping from the top bunk...shudder). This is part of a matching bedroom set that I had in my room as a kid. (There we go, recycling again!)

I put on the blue bedspread first but after picking up a yellow one from my folks, decided to use it as it matches the room's decor better. Both were used by me as a kid, too!


The second milestone is...*drumroll please*...and I'll let the pic speak for itself:





YESS!!!! Finally, M's hair is long enough for pigtails! I don't have the right kind of bands for little girls' hair, but you can bet now that we can use them I'll pick those up on my next shopping trip.

No comments: