Tuesday, October 10, 2006

welcome to wail fest


Ah, silence. I'm enjoying it as I sit at my desk and listen to nothing. But I'm not relaxed, not quite. Any moment a wail might be emitted from the other room. After about a month and a half of sleeping great, M has returned to waking up at night and crying. The only thing that calms her down is to bring her to bed with us, which is something I'm not really wanting to get in the habit of doing. Although I guess we're already in the habit seeing as how we've used this solution for the past two weeks. But both mommy and baby need their sleep, and if this is the only way to get it, so be it.

She might be teething, but her gums don't seem swollen. And she's fine during the day--it's just at night that the extreme fussiness ensues.

She sounds anxious/scared when she cries, not uncomfortable or in pain. Maybe she's having nighttime separation anxiety? She calms down when I go get her and pick her up, but as soon as I try to lay her back down in her crib she starts up again.

Oh well, I guess this isn't anything new. I'm sure all mothers go through endless months, on and off, of sleeplessness. I will grin and bear it, and hug my little snugglebunny, because next thing I know she'll be off to school, then hopping in her friend's car to head to the mall, then packing her bags for college. Everyone says it happens that fast and if the last 6 months are any indication of how quickly time flies, I've gotta believe them.

No comments: