Monday, October 12, 2009

Hart Family Update

Do you hear that? I don't. And I'm lovin' it!

My dad took Miss M to the park and the museum today and Ali is napping (poor thing has a touch of a cold I think) and the house is absolutely quiet. Although I have a pile of housework to do, I wanted to take a few minutes to update the blog.

I've been keeping a mental list in my head of all the things I want to mention, but by the time I find a few minutes to update I'm too tired to recall everything I wanted to talk about (let alone type everything!). So, I'll keep the commentary short and just state the basics. We're adjusting to life as a family of four, and everyone seems to be finding their place once again.

Madison is a wonderful big sister. While the novelty of having a baby in the house is beginning to fade for her, I think, she still is a big help. Kevin clearly enjoys being with his girls when he's home, and I am beginning to feel as if caring for two children is actually doable!

Ali is 7 weeks old...hard to believe she's almost 2 months already! She's still quite the sleeper but is having more periods of alertness during the day. She sleeps great at night, but getting her down in the evening has been a challenge. We had about two weeks where I swore she had colic. The last week has been considerably easier however, thanks to two things: GRIPE WATER and my MEI TAI CARRIER. I don't know exactly how the gripe water works, but it's a miracle invention. Stops fussing in its tracks and usually brings on the sleepies. The carrier is a cozy way for A to doze off while being close to mama, which makes sense as she's still technically in the newborn stage.

Here are some new pics of everyone, thanks for looking!

Trip to the Fall Festival put on by local Ropp & Rader Farms. We went last year and had a blast. This year was super fun, too! Here's M feeding the calves:



Decorating a supersnack cookie:



The four of us on a hayride. A is under the yellow burp cloth. It was really bright out and she didn't appreciate the light in her eyes.



Daddy and Maddi on a big ol' stack of haybales:



The corn sandbox returns!


A enjoying the farms. Ha!


Punkin' baby...caught you smiling!


Ha! Caught you again! (Loving on Daddy.)


The girls, chillin' on the couch.